Saturday, April 3, 2010

Arived at Ali Air Base

I am finally here in ALI Air Base Iraq. I am glad to be here. It was a long trip. I start work Monday, and can't wait. Don't have any idea what I will be doing but I don't really care at this point, just want to get to work. The time will hopefully start to pass faster once I am working. I now have my own 9 ft. wide room in a single wide trailer. Living like a king with my own personal space. I have a bed, a wall locker, a desk and my very own little fridge right in my room.The fridge is awesome. I store my own little stash of derk-a-dew that I confiscate from the chow hall each trip. The chow hall is pretty nice as well. Like I said living like a king. Worst part is I wake up 2 to 3 times in the night to drain my weasel and have to get dressed and walk across the street to the latrine. Can't much complain though. Counting days? Yep, 171 more to go. I can't wait to get home and smell my beautiful wife. Man she always smells good with all that damn smelly lotion I complain about her buying. Truth is I just enjoy complaining about spending money. (unless it is on Ball shoes) That probably sounds kinda weird, I can't wait to smell my wife. It is just a big dust ball out here. Always smells like dirt. Jill is one of my favorite smells and something that I just miss. I also miss sitting in the small while Big Neil sits in the big recliner watching TV. I usually try to see how many times I can get Big Neil to say son of a beach in a night. Pretty fun game. The thing I miss most of all though is waking up with my kids and snuggling together in a recliner while watching cartoons. No other feeling in the world better than that. I actually miss Plant and all the guys too, as sick as that sounds. Miss my morning talks with Ned. Miss screwing with Norm and hiding his keys to his truck as well as his whole truck in some of the most unimaginable places. My personal favorite, truck in the headworks with all the overhead doors closed and keys on the hook of the chain hoist in the headworks raised all the way up to the ceiling. Miss just shooting the shiz with all the guys in the lab. Miss golfing with the crew, well as long as Bob is not driving the cart. 171 more days and I will be back to all things I love. Being out here makes me realize how good I have it. My heavenly father loves me more than I can fathom. He shows me that everyday by all the blessings he has given me in my life. Sometimes I think we lose site of that. We grow accustom to all the wonderful things in our lives and forget how wonderful they are. Everything happens in this life for a reason. He has a plan and a purpose for us all. This is where I am suppose to be, I feel it in my heart. I came here for a purpose and will learn and grow in many ways from this opportunity to serve our beloved county.

1 comment:

  1. I asked Randy if he'd seen your blog and he said no and asked what you'd written. I gave him an overview and he proclaimed, "He wouldn't miss how the plant smells now! It stinks BAD." I said not the plant dork, JILL. After that he came and read it himself LOL. We're looking forward to hearing more about your experiences there. Here's hoping your countdown flies by. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Followers