Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lucky Man

Sorry I have not wrote in my blog for a while. I am doing well. I am now in Al Asad Iraq. They sent a group of us here to build a Big Top tent. This is a tent that is over 100 ft. x 100 ft. and 40 ft. tall. That is what Red horse does, builds stuff. They are like a traveling construction team. Al Asad is a Marine base in northern Iraq. So far I like it here better than Ali. We PT every morning here wich I love. This deployment has turned me into a gym rat. Sitting at 204 and 10% body fat. My goal is 220 and about 8% before I get home in October. The gym keeps my mind off of home. It is also cooler weather here, not quit as hot as Ali in mid day. Hope some more projects come up here so we can stay here at Al Asad. I would not mind staying here the rest of my deployment. The daily routine is nice.
Days are passing by faster now that I am busy. Two months down and four more to go. Its hard to believe that I have been gone that long. This is the longest that I have ever been away from my best friend. After 13 years of having a Friend and wife like Jill by my side it is not easy walking alone. Being away I realize that Jill and the kids are not just a part of my life, they are my life. They are why I wake up each day do the thing that I do everyday. Take them out of the equation and I tell you what, I feel completely lost. Uh what do I do with myself. I try to put on this tough guy persona but those who really know me, know that I am just like a big dumb puppy dog. And I tell you what I have never whimpered so much in my life. Some day I will look back on this experience and say wow what a boob. I can't believe how blessed and spoiled I have been in my life. This experience has really opened my eyes to that fact. All of us are lucky to be Americans. Sometimes I don't think we realize how lucky we are. If this is deployment is the biggest sacrifice that I have to make for my family to have all the freedoms we do than I am a very lucky man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers